This weekend at the Beer Bike that wasn't, we put the finishing touches on the team. There is nothing like convincing a friend to do something, after they've had a few drinks. So we've now exceeded our goal for team members with 7. We need an extra to make it an even number, or the short straw is going to have to share a tent with a stranger. NOT IT!
We are having our first fundraiser on April 21st. Kim came up with a great idea of doing a baseball tailgate. I was all for it because I've always wanted to use the slogan "Save Second Base" so it all ties together nicely! We tapped some friends at Chick-Fil-A for food, and other friends at beer companies for free kegs, plus we ordered some super cute koozies so I think it will be a great time.

Next up, mass emails begging for moolah. Brace yourself.
You might notice this post is kind of link heavy...I hope that encourages you to click away and contribute!


7 comments:
Is it that time already? It seems look only the other day you were finishing the last one. Good luck. Will submit my contribution soon.
How's the book Blindside?
dad
Do I get a koozie when I make my donation?? :)
Hey, I want one of those cute koozies! How do I get one, because obviously, I won't be tailgating? I was wondering if you were still participating this year and if so, have you started training?
Save Second Base---I love love love it! When is the race anyway? Well, you know I'll only be an hour away from Boston come October!
Oh and I want a Koozie too (remember we don't have any)
Blindside is awesome dad, i'll write a post about it at some point.
... and yes, i'll do my best to get a koozie to each of you, as long as you reach the min. contribution ;)
Post a Comment