Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I (heart) My Crocs

Ah. The Joy of my Crocs. They are comfortable. They are airy. They are handy on the boat. But I'm not afraid to rock them out, pretty much anywhere. Apparently the Prez. and I have that in common.
I'll admit when I first saw these things, I agreed with this lady. They are ugly. Kids could get away them. Maybe. But adults? In public places. Come on people. Have some pride. After all there are websites dedicated to the destruction of these things! If shoes can generate this kind of hate, they must certainly be terrible, eh? Wrong. I bought some for the coast. I purposely bought them in an obnoxious color, to help reduce the temptation to wear them out. It didn't work. Within a week I was wearing them to the store, to tailgates, even to a bar (I was mocked endlessly). Thankfully the novelty has worn off, and I regained what little sanity I had before. Now they are reserved for walking the dog and the coast. At the coast, all bets are off. Grocery store in town? No. Grocery store at the coast? Fair game. You get the picture. I had to lay down some ground rules, but that doesn't change the fact that these are the most comfortable things I've ever worn!


Seriously Mom, these thing are U-G-L-Y!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are ugly! Karen and I both tried them and didn't like them. Maybe, I'll have to try them again.

Thanks for the update. I was getting tired of the "losing sucks"

xo

Jenn and Steven said...

But have you tried croc flips? I don't own a normal pair. Just the flips. Mucho comfy. They still don't look good either:)

Anonymous said...

The shoes might be ugly, but Rip does take a good picture. I can almost hear Rip saying "Why are you taking pictures of these ugly things?"
dad

Erin Martinez said...

I'm not a Crocs person either but I have plenty of friends who are. I think they might be good as a sort of aqua shoe if you know you'll be getting your feet wet. Plus, have you seen the collegiate ones? Oh no...
http://www.journeys.com/catalog_detail.aspx?c=vendors&s=guys/Crocs&id=58446

aposeym said...

Thanks for catching my mistake lauren!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July! Have a safe, but fun holiday!
love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

what? no patriotic pix of the pup for 4th of july???

Anonymous said...

Hey Rip,

How's it going buddy? Chewed on any good shoes lately? What is this I hear about tastey beds? Nooooo, not good!
You need to tell Mom to update the blog and just between you and me, how many miles a week is she REALLY walking? hmmmmm? We'll see.
So sorry that you won't be in Boston with us, but you do understand that it will be hot and very crowded. We'll take lots of pictures. (does that leave you as flat as it does me when someone who is off to have a great time says that?)
Any hot plans this weekend? Are you really entering a beauty contest? Not that you are just the cutest beagle ever, but is this the 'guy' thing to do?

Keep in touch,
Nanny
xo (stands for a lick and a hug!)